interWays supports completely encrypted email transport since 1997:
- SMTP TLS encrypts emails on their way between mailservers (other mail servers have to support this as well)
- SSL protects your login data and email display when using our webmail portal (ssl.interways.de), preventing others from accessing your login data and emails
- TLS and SSL encrypt all connections between your computers, smartphones and our servers, wherever you are
- PFS (Perfect Forward Secrecy) and Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange are used on all encrypted ports system-wide. interWays offers the best encryption and state-of-the-art protection available today, which nearly none of the other large US providers can offer at the moment!
- we enforce encryption on all connections and do not allow unencrpted connections of your devices with our servers
- we strongly support you using end-to-end encryption like PGP or S/MIME. A step-by-step tutorial for PGP setup can be found here.
Privacy is one of our main concerns right from the start of interWays back in 1997. We will never give anyone access to your data, sell it, or use it for purposes other than our own accounting.